BS+MS - Emphasis in Computational and Applied Mathematics
The AMS Department is pleased to offer students the opportunity to
begin working toward a Master of Science (MS) degree prior to completing
the Bachelor of Science (BS) degree.
Features of the Combined Program:
- Students will be able to complete a Thesis based M.S. in at least one additional year
to the B.S. Normally a Master's Degree takes two years to complete, but with the Combined
Program, students can use 6 credit hours towards both degrees. This translates to 6 graduate
courses (18 credit hours) and a thesis (12 credit hours), which the student takes in addition
to the normal undergraduate B.S. requirements.
- Students will not have to take the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) for admission to the program.
- The application fee is only $25 for CSM Undergraduates who
complete an online application, available at
- Students may not apply for the combined program until they have taken
five or more Mathematics classes at CSM (classes transferred from other universities
will not be considered). The following courses are considered to be Mathematics (MA) classes:
Other courses may count, check with your graduate advisor.
- Complete the Online Application available at http://www.mines.edu/gradschoolapp/onlineapp.html.
- For on-line applications from CSM undergraduates, the application
fee is only $25.
- Indicate that you are applying for a Thesis M.S.
in Mathematical & Computer Sciences, Applied Mathematics option.
- Students are not required to take the
GRE or submit letters of recommendation.
- Students must arrange for transcripts.
- Students are not required to write a unique "Statement of
Goals" for the application. To ensure that your application will
be correctly processed, the Statement of Goals should be: "I am
currently a MATH major at CSM. I would like to apply for the
Combined B.S./M.S. program."