BS+MS - Emphasis in Statistics
We offer our undergraduate majors the opportunity to complete a Master's Degree with emphasis in Statistics
in addition to their undergraduate degree.
Features of the Combined Program:
- Students will be able to complete a Non-Thesis or Thesis M.S. in at least one additional year to the B.S.
Normally a Master's Degree requires 36 credit hours and takes two years to complete. The Combined Program
allows a student to use 6 credit hours towards both degrees. This translates to 10 graduate courses
(30 credit hours) for Non-Thesis option, and 6 graduate courses (18 credit hours) and a thesis
(12 credit hours) for Thesis option, which the student takes in addition to the normal undergraduate B.S.
- Students will not have to take the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) for admission to the program.
- The application fee is only $25 for CSM Undergraduates who complete an online application, available at
- Students may not apply for the combined program until they have taken
five or more Mathematics classes at CSM (classes transferred from other universities
will not be considered). The following courses are considered to be Mathematics (MA) classes:
- Complete the Online Application available at http://www.mines.edu/gradschoolapp/onlineapp.html.
- For on-line applications from CSM undergraduates, the application fee is only $25.
- Indicate whether you are applying for a Non-Thesis or Thesis M.S. in Mathematical & Computer Sciences.
- Students are not required to take the GRE, or arrange for transcripts or letters of
recommendation, even though these may be requested in the application form.
- Students are not required to write a unique "Statement of Goals" for the application. However, to ensure that your
application will be correctly processed, please indicate in your Statement of Goals that you are currently a major
in our department and that you are applying for the BS + MS combined program in Statistics.