Teaching Professor, Applied Mathematics and Statistics
- B.S. Colorado School of Mines, Mathematical and Computer Sciences (2001)
- M.S. Colorado School of Mines, Applied and Computational Mathematics (2006)
- Ph.D., Colorado School of Mines, Applied Physics (2018)
- Mathematical Physics
- Vortex Dominated Flows in Quantum Fluids
- Nonlinear PDE and Vortex Geometry
- Educational Assessment
- Strong, S. (2013). “Evaluating Energy: The Affects of Direct Observation on Undergraduate Research in Renewable Energy at Colorado School of Mines.” Paper in the proceedings of Frontiers in Education Conference, Oaklahoma City, OK (6 Pages)
- Stone, C. and Strong, S. (2012). “Implementing and Evaluating Undergraduate Research in Renewable Energy at Colorado School of Mines.” Paper in the proceedings of the Frontiers in Education Conference, Seattle, Washington (6 pages).
- L. D. Carr, R. R. Miller, D. R. Bolton, and Scott A. Strong (2012) “Nonlinear Scattering of a Bose-Einstein Condensate on a Rectangular Barrier,” Phys. Rev. A, v. 86, p. 023621
- Moskal, B., Reed-Rhoads, T., & Strong, S. (2012). “Quantitative and Mixed-Methods Research: Approaches and Limitations.” Cambridge Handbook of Engineering Education Research, (Book Contribution)
- Scott A. Strong and Lincoln D. Carr, “Generalized Local Induction Equation, Elliptic Asymptotics, and Simulating Superfluid Turbulence,” J. Math. Phys. (2012), preprint , published version.
- Strong, S. and Moskal, B. (2006). “Caveats of Course Coordination.” Paper in the proceedings of the Frontiers in Education Conference, San Diego, California (6 pages)(Invited).
- Moskal, B., Strong, S., and Fairweather, G. (2006). “Assessing core courses in mathematics: Effects of multi-section coordination.” In Madison, B.L. (Eds) Assessment of Student Learning in College Mathematics: Towards Improved Programs and Courses. Tallahassee, FL: Association for Institutional Research (131-143) (Book Contribution).
Awards and Honors
- Graduating Senior Outstanding Professor in Mathematics Award (2014)
- Order of Omega Outstanding Mines Faculty Award (2014)
- Mines Convocation: Faculty Address (2013)
- Mines Faculty in CASA (2012-2014)
- Mines Alumni Teaching Award (2013)
- Graduating Senior Outstanding Professor in Mathematics Award (2009)
- Graduating Senior Outstanding Professor in Mathematics Award (2008)