Tue., Aug. 25: |
First Day of Classes 2015-16
Welcome Class of 2019!
Some Summer Puzzlers
We know how it is. It's only a few weeks into summer and you've discovered that you haven't enough math to fill the day. We can help with that.
First, some simple math to warm up (courtesy of NPR's Ask Me Another)
- (Jay-Z's problems) plus (Three Dog Night's loneliest number) = ?
- (Ways to leave your lover) minus (the rules for dating my teenager daughter) = ?
- (Roger Maris's record home runs in a season) plus (Michael Jordan's retired Bulls uniform number) = ?
- (The number of apostles) raised to the power (Eddie Money's Tickets to Paradise) = ?
- (The Dalamatians) plus (the Luftballoons) divided by (Ali Baba's Thieves) = ?
The answers will come soon, but feel free to share if you find them sooner.
Spotlight on AMS
Congratulations to Mike Nicholas
A big Congratulations! to Professor Mike Nicholas (he's the one on the left) who was recently honored by the Blue Key, Order of Omega and Tau Beta Pi Honor Societies with receipt of the Distinguished Faculty.
'Dr. Nick', as he is affectionately known by his students, has a positive reputation which extends well beyond our department. If you ever have a chance to take one of his classes, jump at it! They will probably fill quickly.
Congratulations Mike on this well deserved honor!
Check out the opportunities inside AMS or Ask Us if you have any questions.